Monday, January 4, 2010

Funeral Temporarily Derails Project

Hey everyone,

So, my step-Grandmother (my step-dad's Ma,) passed away the day before Christmas, and I made the decision to "de-embed" and go be with my family for a couple of days. Black Lodge, right now, is in limbo, though I do intend to start shooting again here pretty quick.

As it stands, I'm squatting on about twenty hours of footage, and I'm still a little confused about how this is all gonna go down. I still desperately need folk to talk a bit about what their Black Lodge experiences, opinions, feelings, etc. are. If you've got a link to Lodge, and you've been holding out on discussing it, quit. Now is the time. I need you badly to make this thing work.

I don't want to dispense product that's gonna be half-ass. Your input helps.

Will update when things get back on track.

-PB

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine came into town, and it was my job to be the hostess with the mostest. This was new for me as I'm usually the one doing the traveling and I'm still kinda new to the city.

    I had my checklist - Beale, ducks, Graceland, Stax, Central BBQ, Gus's, Tsunami's, Tom Lee Park, Al Green's church, some other random stuff I can't think of. I wanted a mix of music, history, food, fun, and local feel.

    We were just leaving Tusnami's saying how we exhausted we were and we decided to chill at the house. That's when we just happened to drive by and spot your place. It was serendipitous, as far as I'm concerned. The place is so unique - a great place for an out-of-towner to say, "I wish we had something like this!" I really feel it was a great addition to my Memphis tour and will certainly be included the next time I play hostess.

    BTW, we rented Blues Brothers, the perfect post-Stax movie.

    ReplyDelete

Wanna talk Lodge? Tell me your story.